Each client and family must decide if and when hospice is the right choice. It may be that treatment has more complications than benefits — or frequent hospitalizations have become overwhelming for a loved one. Maybe, pain relief/symptom management has become the top priority.
CHI Health at Home offers complimentary informational visits to help clients and families learn more about the hospice program. During informational visits a hospice team member will meet with clients and families to listen to their concerns and offer information and assistance. You do not need to choose hospice care to take advantage of this consultation service.
Requests for information can come from doctors, patients, family, friends, health care professionals, clergy and other members of the community. You do not need a doctor’s referral to schedule an informational visit.
Some of the most common reasons to call for a hospice informational visit include, but are not limited to:
- Unexplained significant weight loss
- Worsening of disease despite treatment
- Difficult to control symptom: breathing, pain, anxiety; nausea/vomiting
- Multiple health concerns
- Recurrent hospitalizations or emergency room visit’s
- Request to be cared for at home, nursing home, assisted living- “wherever the client calls home”.
- Requesting for comfort care, no aggressive life prolonging treatment
- Caregiver in need of support
We would be happy to discuss your options with you. Please contact our office to visit with us and find out how we can help.